South Bend, Indiana Baby Photographer | Niles, Michigan Baby Photographer
Goshen, Indiana Newborn Session
5 GREAT REASONS TO BOOK A NEWBORN LIFESTYLE SESSION IN YOUR OWN HOME
1. 2 WORDS " LAID BACK" It doesn't get much easier for your family than a lifestyle session to help tell your baby's story. Because not much is requested of you, or siblings, or dad besides just being "present" The focus is on capturing your newborn in his own environment and bonding with family. Siblings aren't required to pose or say "cheese", as I will give them prompts to interact with baby and illicit true, authentic joy which I then capture !! It's just as easy for dad too ;) If you have other children of toddler age, I recommend this session over posing at a studio any day!
2. You've worked hard and spent hours designing the perfect nursery. Your newborn lifestyle session will also capture those details. Think about your child as a 5, 10, or 20 year old. Wouldn't she or he love to have an album featuring these first few days earth-side AND the perfect little room you built just to welcome them into the world <3
3. You don't have to leave, you don't have to pack your newborn and drive across town AND You don't even have to clean......I get it your family is adjusting to life with a newborn, I've been there! There's no expectation to have a clean, sterile environment to capture your baby it--just tidy up a bit in the rooms we may be using. My composition techniques will help keep the focus on your baby, and my equipment & fancy lenses are designed to blur out the background. I won't be capturing dust bunnies or dirty dishes, and I'll take the time to move any furniture or clutter if it can't be avoided in the frame. It really couldn't be any easier on you.
4. You can dress for comfort! No really, yoga pants/sweats/Jeans for your or even T-Shirt for dad is completely acceptable. As a matter of fact, SIMPLICITY in outfits for your newborn Lifestyle session truly is best; so I encourage simple and basic attire! For your family AND for baby! Busy or saturated colors will draw attention away from your sweet baby. Tight, stiff clothes won't allow you to play with and tickle your toddler or cuddle your newborn tightly----because in your Newborn Lifestyle Session, these interactions are the heart of your session. So, let's get comfortable.
5. Your baby is comfortable in his home, and the first place he adjusts to outside of the womb revolves around the smells and sounds of your own home. Yes, I have plenty of tricks to keep my "studio babies" cozy & content, but they are naturally more relaxed in their own home so the session flows a lot quicker.
.......and did I mention that Newborn Lifetsyle Sessions are laid back??
Schedule your newborn session early---my schedule does fill up 1-2 months in advance.
Follow me on Instagram @ashley_ann_photog